Monday, March 30, 2009

The thingy in my shoe

I have had a fear for a few years after seeing a show on Discovery. The show was about spider bites. One story was about a man who put his shoe on and there was a brown recluse in there and it bit his foot! So, my fear? Spiders in my shoe.
This morning I went for a walk. About 1/2 way through it felt like the lining of my tennis shoe was crinkling up under my toes. Annoying. Then a few minutes later I felt a rock or big pebble under my toes. I was having a good walk, nice pace and the rock really wasn't that annoying so I kept going. It did cross my mind that It could be that dreaded spider. But it really didn't feel like a bug. After I got home I piddled a bit before I took my shoe off. Then I thought about the spider and even said to myself, "Wouldn't it be gross if there really was a spider?" When I took my shoe off a huge (no exageration) dead spider fell out. I could see the fangs! Guts and legs smushed into my sock. I am going to throw up just thinking about it again!
I don't think I got bit. I never felt any burning or discomfort. I am hoping that the spider was dead when I put my foot in the shoe. Is it possible to get a spider bit and not feel anything? Let me know.

4 comments:

Maren said...

Yuck. I would NOT be a happy camper.

Sandi said...

You would know if you were bitten. I have that fear too. In fact my fear is so bad that I dont put shoes on until after I have shaken them out. I also refuse to walk across the floor in the dark. If I have to get up in the night I turn the light on first. Drives James nuts.

Syphus Family said...

EWWW!! I am going to check my shoes now!

Linda said...

Nasty! You would have heard me scream all the way to your house!